Apply for a Scholarship
The following documents are in Adobe PDF format. Please download and print the forms, fill out the forms and return to Star Kids by mail. The Star Kids address is on the form.
Admissions are rolling, although priority is given to applications received by March 15th.
The Teacher Recommendation Form and Counselor/Social Worker Recommendation Form are included in the Star Kids Application. Please give these forms to your child’s teacher and the family or student counselor/social worker and ask them to complete the forms and return to Star Kids directly by mail.
If you are unable to download and print these documents, please contact Star Kids at 401-848-4187 and we will mail an application to you.
The following download consists of the following combined in 1 file:
Star Kids Commitment to the Student and Parent
Star Kids plans to provide each student funding for tuition, uniforms, tutoring, after-school programs, and summer programs until the student graduates from high school. The following list outlines the amount provided for each student per year. In order to receive the following assistance, the parent and student must meet all the requirements of the annual Parent Agreement and the Student Agreement (for Grades 6-12). Star Kids financial support ends at high school graduation. Star Kids does not provide financial assistance for college tuition and expenses.
- Up to $4,000 per year of tuition assistance for grades K-8, and up to $4,500 for high school tuition, to a non-public school for each year your child is in the Star Kids program
- $125 gift certificate per year for school uniforms
- Up to $300 per year of after-school program assistance
- Up to $250 per year of summer program assistance
- Up to $150 per year for high school books
- Field trips (amount and frequency to be determined by Star Kids)
- Tutoring (on a per-case, as-needed basis, as determined by the child’s school and Star Kids)
- Mentoring (on a per-case basis and based on mentor availability)
- Assistance with transportation expenses to and from school (on a per-case basis, as determined by Star Kids)