Apply for a Scholarship
The following documents are in Adobe PDF format. Please download and print the forms, fill out the forms and return to Star Kids by mail. The Star Kids address is on the form.
Admissions are rolling, although priority is given to applications received by March 15th.
The Teacher Recommendation Form and Counselor/Social Worker Recommendation Form are included in the Star Kids Application. Please give these forms to your child’s teacher and the family or student counselor/social worker and ask them to complete the forms and return to Star Kids directly by mail.
If you are unable to download and print these documents, please contact Star Kids at 401-848-4187 and we will mail an application to you.
The following download consists of the following combined in 1 file:
- Star Kids Application: Newport County, RI and Fall River MA Program – 5 Forms (A through E)
- Parent Agreement
- High School Student Agreement
Star Kids Commitment to the Student and Parent
Star Kids plans to provide each student with tuition, uniforms, tutoring, after school programs and summer programs until the student graduates from high school. The following list outlines the amount provided for each student per year. In order to receive the following assistance, the parent and student must meet all the requirements of the annual Parent Agreement and High School Student Agreement (for Grades 6-12). Star Kids financial support ends at high school graduation. Star Kids does not provide financial assistance for college tuition and expenses.
- Up to $3,500 per year of tuition assistance
- $125 gift certificate per year for uniforms
- Up to $300 per year of after school program assistance
- Up to $300 per year of summer program assistance
- Up to $150 per year for high school books
- Field trips
- Tutoring (as recommended by the school)